AMR report offers insight into key African markets
Standard Bank’s African Markets Revealed (AMR) research report provides detailed, comprehensive, medium term (up to 2 years ahead) forecasts for 21 key African economies.
For clients and investors needing insights into Africa, the AMR is a trusted source of information and analysis to inform African investment strategies. The report evaluates the cyclical and structural evolution of each economy, developments that are likely to have an impact on the balance of payments, and the conduct of monetary and fiscal policy.
In addition to deriving reasonable forecasts for the evolution of the economic growth, exchange rates and interest rates, the report forms the fundamental basis for identifying actionable foreign exchange hedging strategies, as well as trade ideas for investors looking to partake in the continent’s fixed income and currency markets, as well as the Eurobond market. The AMR report includes analyses on the following African economies:
- Angola: progress on structural reforms and diversification
- Botswana: mining and tourism hard hit
- Côte d’Ivoire: growth recovery could be swift, if no unrest
- DRC: government finances under further pressure
- Ethiopia: infrastructure development supporting growth
- Ghana: elections won’t derail growth
- Kenya: growth recovering, albeit tentatively
- Malawi: merely muddling through
- Mauritius: construction the engine of economic recovery
- Mozambique: insurgency threatens inclusive growth
- Namibia: remaining stuck in recession
- Nigeria: V-shaped recovery out of reach
- Tanzania: services sector still the weak spot
- Uganda: it’s all down due to the pandemic
- Zambia: fast running out of financing road
Click on the links above for more information on the economies that are of interest to you. Alternatively, please click here to access the full report.