Strengthening Africa’s asset management and servicing, investment banking and custody competencies
With representation in key markets globally, Standard Bank provides cross-border solutions that make us a key partner in progress. This includes our trusted capabilities in transactional products and services that connect markets, businesses in, for and across Africa. We are leaders in investor services and investment banking, with the specialist teams and in-depth research capabilities to help clients navigate often challenging and complex financial and regulatory cross-border environments. As an African bank, we understand the intricacies of local markets, and unlock opportunity and manage risk for a wide range of corporate and investment banking clients.
Read more on how Africa is driving its own development agenda.
The Network Forum Africa Meeting
12 - 13 March 2018, Cape Town, South Africa
Standard Bank is committed to the long-term growth of Africa, and we sponsor and participate in events and forums that develop and strengthen connection across the continent.
Following the support of the inaugural annual meeting of The Network Forum in Poland last year, a sister event was arranged for the first time in Africa to focus on African markets. It is a key gathering point for over 150 capital market leaders from an asset management and servicing, investment banking and custody background.
It aims to provide a structured networking environment for this tight-knit industry group, in which key issues are discussed, developments are communicated, and best practice shared. Considering the importance of strengthening this important competency on the continent, Standard Bank is a joint lead partner and sponsor of The Network Forum Africa meeting.
Our participation will include sharing our deep experience in African markets, where:
• Charl Bruyns, Head: Investor Services and Financial Institutions, will provide the Chairman’s opening remarks
• Our Senior Political Economist, Simon Freemantle will provide a geopolitical update on Africa
• Hari Chaitanya, Head: Investor Services Product Management, will be part of an extended panel discussion session on ‘Settlement efficiency in focus’
• Derivatives and Securities Lending will be covered by Juanita Taylor, Head: Securities Lending
• Rajesh Ramsundhar, Head: Investor Services South Africa and Akeem Oyewale, Head: Investor Services Nigeria will be part of the "Ask the Expert" session covering specific Africa market issues.
Standard Bank is South Africa’s and Africa’s largest banking group by assets (30 June 2017: R1,95 trillion; USD149 billion) with a heritage of over 150 years on the continent, and operations in 20 African countries. We connect our clients to real opportunities through our local insight, proven experience in emerging markets and expertise in the sectors and markets that are key to Africa’s growth.