Standard Bank CIB received top honours at the Ansarada DealMakers Awards
As Africa’s largest bank, we are committed to providing our clients with world-class service and innovative financing solutions to help further their growth. Our team is passionate and works tirelessly to partner with clients and help them achieve their goals, and were recently rewarded for their efforts at the annual Ansarada DealMakers Awards.
The Standard Bank team received accolades in the following categories:
- Best Investment Advisor of the Year (by deal value)
- Deal of the Year 2022 for our involvement in the Sanlam Allianz joint venture, where we acted as local deal advisor
We also had the honour of being nominated in the following categories:
- BEE Deal of the Year 2022 for Seriti's acquisition of Windlab Developments South Africa and Windlab East Africa
- A second nomination for Deal of the Year 2022 for our involvement in the acquisition and delisting of Mediclinic by Remgro and MSC, a landmark transaction in the healthcare sector
- Private Equity Deal of the Year 2022 for our role in the Umzwilili Proprietary Limited (UPL), a consortium comprising SUEZ, along with local partners Royal Bafokeng Holdings (RBH) and African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM), acquisition of EnviroServ from private equity firm Rockwood, a transaction for which the bank was the financial advisor and joint funder to UPL
- Individual DealMaker of the Year 2022 for Michael Dempster from the IB Advisory Team
We are proud to be recognised and awarded among our peers and will continue to leverage our teams and networks to the benefit of our clients and the communities in which we serve.