Corporate finance advisory
As Africa gathers momentum, there is an increasing need for expert advisory services to support corporates and institutions across the spectrum of corporate actions. African corporates and institutions are also making greater use of capital markets for their funding needs, which requires specialist technical advice and assistance to support growth.
Our extensive footprint in Africa and in key global financial markets, combined with the expertise and experience of our on-the-ground teams, enables us to guide clients through challenging and complicated financial and regulatory environments. We are a committed and attentive partner, supporting our clients throughout each transaction.
Our Corporate Finance capability centres on sub-Saharan Africa, where we advise on transactions from the major financial hubs of Johannesburg, Lagos, Accra and Nairobi. From these locations, we have garnered the necessary experience in concluding deals across Africa.
We have international connections through our:
- Strong on-the-ground capability in China with offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Through our relationship with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, we are able to facilitate investments and M&A activity into Africa
- Presence in London to support and service our multi-national clients from their home base
- Presence in Brazil, to facilitate transactions and M&A activity between South America and Africa
- Presence in other global financial centres including New York, Singapore and Dubai.
Exchange control advisory
South Africa's exchange controls are in place to regulate capital outflows from the country which could be detrimental to the country's balance of payments, also known as its reserves. As an authorised dealer of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), Standard Bank offers its clients comprehensive advisory and liaison services
Standard Bank offers the following exchange control-related services:
- Advice on the exchange control rulings and their implications
- Submitting applications to the Exchange Control Department of the SARB on our clients' behalf
- Facilitating meetings between our clients and the Exchange Control Department of the SARB, if required