Our Corporate & Investment Banking division provides financial services to local and multinational businesses and organisations. Over the years, we have built a formidable reputation based on our strong sector and product knowledge, as well as our understanding of the unique attributes of business in Lesotho; from banking, transaction and regulatory requirements, to the players and opportunities.
We provide customised products to established and newer, entrepreneurial companies. We are committed to delivering solutions that support your success, by focusing on personalised solutions and ongoing financial product development.
With extensive holdings in foreign exchange, we have the product expertise to advise and provide excellent solutions. Our services include:
- Foreign exchange spots
- Forward exchange contracts
- Foreign exchange options
- Interest rate swaps
- Investments and Money Market – we are active in the secondary market of bonds, treasury bills and note issuance programs.
Our specialists in Investment Banking focus on adding value to clients by providing advice on:
- Corporate finance – strategic advice and arranging services on M&A, capital raising and business valuations
- Project finance – advice and structuring services, negotiations, risk analysis, cash flow modelling, debt and equity sourcing, strategic investors, project risk profiles and credit enhancement
- Structured finance – advice and structuring facilities to meet specific requirements
- Property finance – advice and facilities for property finance
- Capital markets – long-term borrowing and lending decisions
- Fiduciary, trust, custody and securities services
- Syndicated loans – “club deals” including distribution of risk among a wide investor base and market-driven base and pricing
- Agency and custody management
- Bonds and note issuance programs
Transactional Products & Services
As a universal bank, we render a comprehensive suite of financial services to corporate and institutional clients, including:
- Efficient and customised cash management and electronic solutions
- Assistance in liquidity management solutions through cash management
- Short-term facilities for working capital
- Domestic payment solutions
- Automatic sweeping arrangements
- Bank guarantees – performance and advance payment guarantees
- Opening accounts, cheque books, bank balances, bank statements, audit certificates, bank reports and associated services
- Point of sale
Our services include pre- and post-finance of exports and imports for commodities and capital goods. We work with Standard Bank Group in originating and executing deals, and are specialists in structuring, syndicating and advising on:
- General trade (such as capital goods and equipment, and telecommunication equipment)
- Finance trade deals and flows between Africa and the rest of the world with Lesotho
- Structured trade – balance sheet and asset-backed lending for raw materials, processed products and finished goods.
We offer vanilla related products for cross-border payments:
- Letters of credit
- Outward and inward payments
- Import and export documentary collections.
We also offer products that enhance employee benefits and savings for staff through access to corporate relationships. These include employee banking, remuneration and benefits solutions, cards, electronic payments, vehicle asset financing and home loans.
Private banking and wealth management
Standard Lesotho Bank Private Banking offers discreet and proactive solutions that cater for the financial needs and requirements present in the busy schedules of our clientele. A dedicated private banker connects each client to financial and wealth advisers (both locally and offshore), and to Standard Bank Group’s vast resources.
Read more about corporate and investment banking solutions for your business.